Saturday
February 9, 2013
Results for: subways
  • 30/11/2012 | Argentina

    Subway union to continue strike on Monday

    Following failed negotiations with licensee company Metrovías on Wednesday, subway workers belonging to the breakaway AGTSyP union announced they will continue with the 3-hour strike at different times across all lines on Monday.

  • 02/12/2012 | Argentina

    All subway lines on strike

    Workers pertaining to the AGTSyP breakaway union confirmed that they will carry out strike action on Monday on all city subway train lines, with a renewed schedule in order to not affect the same passengers as last week.

  • 05/12/2012 | Argentina

    Solution to AGTSyP conflict 'far', subway strikes to go ahead

    Secretary-general for breakaway subway workers union AGTSyP, Robert Pianelli said today that “conversations with Metrovías were in place” in order to find a solution to the conflict over wages, tomorrow’s strike action; however they were far from reaching a solution.

  • 18/05/2012 | Argentina

    ANSeS reports Roggio Group to CNV for 'contract irregularities'

    In the midst of the conflict with the city government over the subway transfer, the national government put further pressure on subway company Metrovías.

  • 01/08/2012 | Argentina

    'The subway strike is arbitrary and excessive,' Vidal

    Deputy Mayor for Buenos Aires City María Eugenia Vidal sharply criticized the announced strike by the UTA subway and tram workers union yesterday, labelling it an ‘arbitrary and excessive’ move.

  • 09/08/2012 | Argentina

    National, City Gov'ts continue spat over subway control

    In the midst of the six-day-long subway strike in Buenos Aires City, both the City administration and the National government remained at loggerheads over who’s responsible for the city’s subways, exchanging in a set of piquant accusations.   

  • 30/03/2012 | Argentina

    'We don't understand why the President won't meet with Macri,' Larreta

    In the middle of the dispute over the subway handover, City Cabinet Chief Horacio Rodríguez Larreta, insisted today that in order to move forward with the transfer, “dialogue” was necessary between the two governments, reiterating that the city government “doesn’t understand” why the President will not sit down with Mauricio Macri to discuss the matter.

  • 26/04/2012 | Argentina

    Vidal calls Tomada 'a bully' after warning on City officials over subway

    Deputy Mayor María Eugenia Vidal said Labour Minister Carlos Tomada’s warning on the possibility of “using the public force” to make City officials engage in negotiations with subway employees over their collective bargaining makes him sound like a “bully.”

  • 10/05/2012 | Argentina

    'The ruling does not mean withdrawing Federal Police from the subway,' Montenegro

    City Justice and Security Minister Guillermo Montenegro said the ruling that rejected an appeal filed by Mayor Mauricio Macri’s administration to avoid the withdrawal of police officers from Subway stations "is correct, because the solution is political."

  • 06/03/2012 | Argentina

    National Gov't files lawsuit against City over subway transfer

    President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner’s administration filed a lawsuit against the Buenos Aires City government to urge Mayor Mauricio Macri to fulfil the obligations stated at the agreement signed over the transfer of the subway service administration.

  • 08/03/2012 | Argentina

    De Vido makes strongly defends transport subsidies

    During the inauguration ceremony held for newly-appointed Transport Secretary Alejandro Ramos today, Planning Minister Julio De Vido defended achievements made in the sector, stating that the Government would “maintain the subsidies” on public transport and that the sensitive issue "would be resolved by May."

  • 10/03/2012 | Argentina

    Judge summons Nat'l, City Gov'ts to hearing over subway service transfer

    Judge Nidia Cicero ruled that President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner’s administration must guarantee security at the subway stations with the Federal Police until April 1st and also summoned National and City Governments for an hearing in order to reach an agreememn

  • 03/01/2012 | Argentina

    National, City governments sign Subway handover

    The National Government and the BA City administration finally came to an agreement and signed the handover for the City’s Subway and Tram transport systems, at the Economy Ministry.

  • 29/02/2012 | Argentina

    Vidal: 'We won't take control of the Subway while there's no deal with Nat'l Gov't'

    Deputy Mayor for Buenos Aires City María Eugenia Vidal, made it clear today that the Macri administration had still not taken full control of the subway system and were not planning to “as long as there was a disagreement” with the national Government over the works that are lacking.

  • 02/03/2012 | Argentina

    Macri accuses CFK of 'stating falsehoods' over subway service

    Mayor Mauricio Macri assured President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner "stated seven falsehoods" regarding the transfer of the management of the subway service and summoned her for a private meeting to work in the issue.

  • 04/05/2011 | Argentina

    Subway strike: Metrovías confirms 23% wage increase for workers

    Metrovías, the company that runs the subway line, confirmed this morning that they would pay the 23 percent wage increase to subway employees previously agreed before the Labour Ministry. The decision was made in light of the subway strike threat for Thursday.

  • 05/05/2011 | Argentina

    Subway strike lifted despite union conflict, some delays caused

    The strike planned for 1PM was lifted at the last minute, despite an inner conflict between delegates within the UTA Transport Worker's Union (UTA) during their meeting with Metrovías held at the Labour Ministry this morning. Some lines experienced delays due to the confusion.

  • 08/12/2011 | Argentina

    Train and subway travel free on CFK inauguration day

    The Transport Secretary announced that people in the City and the Greater Buenos Aires area will be able to travel free of charge on trains and subways on Saturday, due to President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner’s inauguration ceremony.


Results: 18

Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA