Saturday
February 9, 2013
Results for: salta
  • 23/07/2012 | Argentina

    No signs of drug abuse in bodies of Salta teenagers, autopsy

    An autopsy on the bodies of Salta teenagers Luján Peñalva and Yanina Nüesch, who were found dead a week ago hanging from a tree near their homes, suggested that neither of them had consumed drugs before dying, authorities said.

  • 08/11/2012 | Argentina

    Other provinces join pot-banging protest

    Citizens and opposition parties' activists marched in the main cities of the country to show their discontent to the government in the midst of the protest denominated "8N."

  • 18/12/2012 | Argentina

    President meets with head of Catholic Church

    Two weeks after the Catholic Church issued a statement warning of ‘irreconcilable divisions’ in Argentine society, President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner meets with José María Arancedo, head of the Argentine Episcopal Synod.

  • 17/07/2012 | Argentina

    'I'm going to kill myself,' Luján admitted to boyfriend

    Luján Peñalva, 19, one of the young women found dead yesterday in Salta, confessed she was going to kill herself, because she “couldn’t stand” her “horrible life” anymore, after her father had refused to help her record her own CD.

  • 19/07/2012 | Argentina

    Salta deaths: victims' boyfriends undergo questioning

    The boyfriends of the missing girls found dead in Salta on Monday Luján Peñalva and Yanina Nüesch were questioned by Salta Judge Pablo Farah this morning, judicial sources informed.

  • 19/07/2012 | Argentina

    'It seemed like a staged scene,' Luján Peñalva's family

    The family of Luján Peñalva, one of the teenagers who was found dead in Salta province on Monday gave a press conference and questioned the probe led by the provincial police.

  • 21/04/2012 | Argentina

    Salta victim 'may have been strangled,' forensics say

    Forensic officials trying to identify the body of the woman found near Cafayate, Salta, believe she was strangled to death after they found a shoelace from one of her shoes tied around her neck.

  • 16/07/2012 | Argentina

    Salta: Missing teenagers found dead

    Two teenagers who had been missing since Saturday in the city of Salta were found dead near the area in which they lived. No hypothesis is being ruled out by the authorities.

  • 17/07/2012 | Argentina

    Salta deaths: Judge doesn't rule out suicide

    Pablo Farah, the judge leading the investigation, assured today that suicide was “one theory, however others haven’t been ruled out,” regarding the causes of the deaths of the two young women in Salta City, who were found dead by the side of a river yesterday.  

  • 04/03/2012 | Argentina

    Urtubey vows to investigate Salta tourists rape case

    Amidst a scandal that includes the firing of a minister over his controversial statements, Salta governor Juan Manuel Urtubey vowed to personally look into a case involving two foreign tourist who claim were sexually assaulted. Salta is also the place where two French women were raped and killed last year.

  • 21/03/2012 | Argentina

    Urtubey says court permit before abortion 'will remain mandatory' in Salta

    In an unexpected announcement, Salta governor Juan Manuel Urtubey said that despite the recent Supreme Court ruling on abortion, it will still be mandatory in his province for rape victims to request a court permit before having their pregnancies interrupted.

  • 25/03/2012 | Argentina

    Salta revokes YPF concession in Tartagal Oeste region

    Salta governor Juan Manuel Urtubey announced his decision to revoke oil company YPF’s concession of the Tartagal Oeste area and his decision to include it in a list of areas that will be put out to tender.

  • 11/10/2011 | Argentina

    'Argentina is not to blame,' says father of tourist killed in Salta

    The father of one of the two French tourists who were murdered in Salta in July, Jean Michel Bouvier, spoke on French radio today saying that his daughter Cassandre and Houria Moumni "lived through true martyrdom," but that "Argentina was not to blame."

  • 14/10/2011 | Argentina

    Six to be indicted in French citizens' murder case

    Three arrested men in connection with the murder of two French citizens in Salta province will be indicted, accused of being the perpetrators of the crime, while the remaining three will be indicted, accused of covering up the murder.

  • 19/10/2011 | Argentina

    Argentine judge to meet with Salta victim's families in France

    Argentine judge, Martín Pérez, arrived to Paris on Wednesday to meet with the family members of the two French women who were murdered in July in the province of Salta. During his visit he will also exchange information with Paris Judge Patrick Ramaël, court sources indicated.

  • 26/08/2011 | Argentina

    Police carry out tourist crime re-enactment in Salta

    Three of the main suspects of the double murder of the French tourists in La Quebrada de San Lorenzo in Salta, argued between them during the re-enactment of the crime. One of them admitted that one of the victims had been sexually abused.

  • 27/08/2011 | Argentina

    Salta murder case: three people released from custody

    Three people previously arrested in connection to the double-murder in Salta in July were released today. María Fernanda Cañizares, Walter Lasi and Raúl Sarmiento were set free last night by the judge in charge of the case, Martín Pérez, court sources informed.

  • 06/10/2011 | Argentina

    6.2 quake rattles Northern Argentina, no initial damage reported

    There were no immediate reports of damage after a 6.2-magnitude earthquake shook northern Argentina yesterday, police and local authorities said.

  • 15/08/2011 | Argentina

    Salta double murder: DNA samples extracted from bodies match one of the suspect's

    Forensic studies conducted on the DNA samples found on the bodies of the two murdered French tourists in the Salta province matched the samples extracted from one of the suspects in the double murder case.

  • 17/08/2011 | Argentina

    French woman murdered in Salta was raped by two men, test results suggest

    According to judicial sources, 29-year old Cassandre Bouvier, one of the two French tourists murdered in the Salta province last month, was raped by at least two people before she was murdered.

  • 23/08/2011 | Argentina

    Two men charged of cover-up in French tourists crime case

    Two men were charged of cover-up in the case that investigates the crime of the two French tourists in Salta province, the judicial spokesman Marcelo Báez reported.

  • 11/08/2011 | Argentina

    Forensic reports indicate two weapons were used in Salta double murder case

    Ballistic forensic reports in the case investigating the murder of two French tourists in the Quebrada de San Lorenzo, in the Salta province, determined that at least two firearms were involved in the killings, sources indicated.

  • 12/08/2011 | Argentina

    Experts confirm when the French tourists were killed

    Expert's released a report on the bodies of the French tourists Cassandre Bouvier and Houria Moumni that indicated both of them were killed 13 or 14 days before they were found, last July 29 in the zone of El Mirador, Salta province.

  • 14/08/2011 | Argentina

    Eighth man arrested in Salta double murder case

    Salta police today arrested the eighth suspect in connection to the killings of the two French tourists murdered in Quebrada de San Lorenzo last month. Police officials informed that the man had a criminal background, and had previously served time.

  • 06/08/2011 | Argentina

    Police find weapon used in Salta murders, seven detained

    The police found the weapon which was used to kill the two French tourists, Houria Moummi and Cassandre Bouvier, in Salta province, and detained other two suspects, judicial sources reported.

  • 07/08/2011 | Argentina

    Sarkozy thanks CFK for 'outstanding' work in Salta double murder case

    French President Nicolas Sarkozy called President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner on Sunday in order to “personally thank her for the outstanding job” carried out by local authorities in the investigation of the murder of two French tourists in Salta.

  • 09/08/2011 | Argentina

    Salta double murder case: DNA samples of six suspects to be analyzed

    The genetic samples extracted from the six suspects arrested in connection to the murder of two French tourists in the Quebrada de San Lorenzo, in Salta, were submitted to the School of Biochemistry at the University of Buenos Aires.

  • 04/08/2011 | Argentina

    Salta: French tourists' family members visit crime scene

    The family members of the French tourists who were murdered in Salta, were taken to the scene where the bodies were found, accompanied by the judge in charge of the case.

  • 05/08/2011 | Argentina

    Salta killings: Family members travel to BA to receive caskets

    The parents of Hournia Moumni and Cassandre Bouvier left Salta province Friday morning and arrived in Buenos Aires where they received the funeral caskets of the women, sent to the capital on a separate flight. A funeral service was held last night for the victims.

  • 05/08/2011 | Argentina

    Court investigation over Salta murders opens in Paris

    A court investigation over the “kidnapping, rape and murders,” of the two French women killed in Salta was opened in Paris, French court sources informed.

  • 01/08/2011 | Argentina

    Timerman tells French Foreign Minister he is 'appalled' over Salta double murder case

    Foreign Minister Héctor Timerman sent a letter to his French counterpart, Alain Juppé, in which he expressed being "appalled" over the killing of two French tourists in the Salta province. 

  • 01/08/2011 | Argentina

    Only suspect in Salta double murder case released due to lack of evidence

    Police officials in the Salta province released a man who had been arrested a few hours before in connection to the murder of two French tourists in the Quebrada de San Lorenzo area.

  • 02/08/2011 | Argentina

    Salta: New suspect arrested over double murder

    A man was arrested in connection with the double murder case in Salta, where two French tourists were killed in the area of la Quebrada San Lorenzo last Friday, a Salta official informed.

  • 30/07/2011 | Argentina

    Two French tourists found dead in Salta

    Two female tourists on holiday in the northern province of Salta were found dead today along a private touristic trek in Quebrada de Villa San Lorenzo, police officers said. It was reported that both French women were shot dead while hiking, and that one had been raped.

  • 31/07/2011 | Argentina

    French gov't urges local authorities to solve Salta double murder case

    France’s Foreign Ministry demanded that the murder of two French tourists who were found dead two days ago in the province of Salta “be solved.” Investigators in the case assure that they have found enough evidence to run a DNA test, hoping to find those responsible.

  • 01/08/2011 | Argentina

    Salta police arrest suspect in French tourists double murder case

    Police detained for questioning today a local horse renter in relation to the brutal murder of two French tourists – Moumni Hour and Cassandre Bouvier – found dead with gunshot wounds on Friday at a hiking trail in Quebrada de San Lorenzo, 1600 Km northwest of Buenos Aires, Salta Province. One of the victims is believed to have been sexually assaulted.

  • 11/04/2011 | Argentina

    'Attacks from Moyano gave me a huge hand to win,' Urtubey

    Salta’s re-elected Governor, Juan Manuel Urtubey, remarked today that the harsh words that General Labour Confederation (CGT) boss used to play down Urtubey’s campaign during the unionist visit to the North-Western province last week.  

  • 14/04/2011 | Argentina

    'No child ever died of hunger in hands of a CGT worker,' Moyano

    Without naming him specifically, CGT Labour Confederation leader Hugo Moyano replied to Salta’s Governor elect Juan Manuel Urtubey comments and said that “no child ever died of hunger in hands of a CGT worker,” an indirect reference to the fact that many children have died from malnutrition in Salta in the last few months.

  • 21/07/2011 | Argentina

    Five dead and three injured after trucks crash in Salta

    Five people died this morning and another three badly injured, after two pickup trucks crashed along Route 5 in Salta province, on the access road in the direction of Río del Valle, Salta police informed.

  • 28/03/2011 | Argentina

    CFK joins Salta's Urtubey in ceremony close to elections date

    Two weeks before the gubernatorial elections in the Salta province take place, President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner joined incumbent governor Juan Manuel Urtubey in the reopening of a ceramics factory, where she showed her support for him and mentioned some of her administration’s achievements.

  • 09/04/2011 | Argentina

    Urtubey seeks re-election in Salta

    Special Report by Sabrina Pont and Matías Ortega.

    More than 812,000 people will vote for who will govern Salta province for the next four years. Alfredo Olmedo and Walter Wayar will be the opponents of the current Governor, who takes the lead in the polls. A victory of Urtubey will be seen as a victory of the Government.

  • 10/04/2011 | Argentina

    Urtubey claims victory in Salta gubernatorial elections

    Incumbent Salta governor Juan Manuel Urtubey claimed victory in the Salta gubernatorial elections and said that it had been an "exemplary election day." With 50 percent of the ballots accounted for, Urtubey was winning with 53 percent of the votes. During his victory speech, the governor repeated once more that he is "not a Kirchnerite."

  • 06/01/2011 | Argentina

    Agricultural emergency in Salta and Córdoba

    The Ministry for Agriculture, Livestock and Fishing declared a state of emergency and disaster for farming industry in Salta and Córdoba provinces. Farming has been said to have been greatly affected by drought, tornadoes, flooding and blasts of cold.

  • 06/03/2011 | Argentina

    Bridge collapses due to heavy rains in Salta

    A bridge on the National Route 9 in Salta collapsed due to heavy rains, bringing traffic to a halt at Kilometre 1,443, near the town of Rosario de la Frontera, official sources reported.

  • 21/03/2011 | Argentina

    CFK suspends flight to Salta due to failure in Control Tower

    President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner had to postpone her visit to Salta province until next Monday due to the Control Tower failure.

  • 30/06/2011 | In Depth - Copa América 2011

    Copa América to be played nationwide

    The venues for the Copa América were confirmed on 1 June, 2010 and the stadiums in each of the cities were chosen on the basis of capacity, infrastructure and access. See slideshow.


Results: 46

Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA