Saturday
February 9, 2013
Results for: national government
  • 27/12/2012 | Argentina

    'Closing the subway is an unnecessary setback for users,' Randazzo

    The national government made clear its stance over the city government’s decision to close the A line service of the subway for up to sixty days -for the carrying out of construction works- labelling the measure an “unnecessary setback for users.”

  • 08/01/2013 | Argentina

    Government confirms CFK will visit Chávez in Cuba

    The national government confirmed today that Cristina Fernández de Kirchner will travel to Cuba this week, where she will likely visit Hugo Chávez, although she is also expected to take part in a ‘virtual assumption’ ceremony for the leader in Caracas on Thursday.

  • 15/10/2012 | Argentina

    City gov’t says Subway not ‘our business’

    Buenos Aires City Economy Minister Néstor Grindetti stated today that the Subway management is none of the City government’s business, and indicated that it is the national administration which must decide what to do as from January 2013 when all subsidies will be ground cut.

  • 31/10/2012 | Argentina

    Argentine Embassy to be opened in Republic of Suriname

    The national government published a decree today confirming the opening of an Argentine Embassy in the Republic of Suriname, formally known as Dutch Guiana, located in the northern area of South America.

  • 07/12/2012 | Argentina

    Government presents 'per saltum', calls for Media Law ruling annulment

    The national government called today for the annulment of the ruling signed by the Civil and Commercial Court of Appeals after they yesterday extended an injunction placed by the Clarín Group on Article 161 of the Media Law.

  • 27/08/2012 | Argentina

    Randazzo blames City gov't over possible new Subway strike, expresses 'concern'

    “We only have one goal and concern, and that is to avoid a new subway conflict that as a result of the City government’s lack of responsibility ends up affecting the lives of millions of commuters,” Interior and Transportation Minister Florencio Randazzo said after a meeting of the Transportation Tri-party Entity.

  • 29/08/2012 | Argentina

    Ciccone expropriation written into law

    The expropriation of the mint South American Values Company (CSV), formerly known as Ciccone Calcográfica, by the national government was written into law today.

  • 04/09/2012 | Argentina

    'Limits are put on salaries, but not on inflation,' Moyano

    Secretary-general of the CGT umbrella labour union Hugo Moyano, criticised again the national government stating today “limits are placed on salaries” but that “inflation is not controlled.”

  • 23/08/2012 | Argentina

    Pro-government lawmakers celebrate Ciccone's expropriation

    Pro-government lawmakers celebrated today the passing of money-printer Companía de Valores Sudamericana’s expropriation (CVS), formerly called Ciccone Calcográfica, into law and said that the nationalization of the printing company will “boost” the National Mint.

  • 23/08/2012 | Argentina

    Amid tension with Nat'l Gov't, De la Sota meets with Macri

    Amid clashes in Córdoba province, Governor José Manuel De la Sota received Buenos Aires City Mayor Mauricio Macri to discuss a joint collaboration.

  • 26/08/2012 | Argentina

    Judge orders City gov’t to withdraw subway subsidy funds to meet operating expenses

    City Judge Patricia López Vergara, ordered the Buenos Aires City government to ask its national counterpart for the 210 million pesos subsidy funds deposited by the latter in a Banco Nación’s account as part of the agreement for the transfer of the subway and tram system signed earlier this year.

  • 10/04/2012 | Argentina

    After meeting with De Vido, Petrobras committed to set new investments

    Planning Minister Julio De Vido called the heads of Petrobras to raise their investments in the country and warned them that the main aim is that Argentina reaches the “self-sufficiency in energy.”

  • 18/05/2012 | Argentina

    ANSeS reports Roggio Group to CNV for 'contract irregularities'

    In the midst of the conflict with the city government over the subway transfer, the national government put further pressure on subway company Metrovías.

  • 13/06/2012 | Argentina

    BA City Mayor praises Gov't housing plan, calls for 'transparency'

    Buenos Aires City Mayor Mauricio Macri praised the Government’s new housing plan but said he hoped it was "transparent."

  • 09/03/2012 | Argentina

    City Gov't hits back as dispute over transport continues

    While the national government was rapidly trying to complete the transfer of the subway and 33 bus lines, City Security Minister Guillermo Montenegro said "the issue should be resolved by the Supreme Court," while City lawmaker Gabriela Michetti stated that the national government was purposefully trying to “put the City against the interior provinces.”

  • 10/03/2012 | Argentina

    Macri blames Nacional Gov't for motorway roadblocks

    City Mayor Mauricio Macri deemed the national government responsible for having converted the Capital into “The City of Fury,” yesterday due to the 12-hour roadblock staged by Villa 31 slum residents on the Illia highway, which caused traffic chaos.

  • 13/03/2012 | Argentina

    After heated discussion, Senate clears subway draft bill for debate

    The draft bill ordering City Hall to honour its agreement with the National Government and accept the transfer of the subway management, as well as 33 bus lines and the Puerto Madero tram, was approved by three committees after a very heated debate and will be voted on the Senate floor on March 21st.

  • 25/01/2012 | Argentina

    City urges National Gov't to 'define' new transport rates

    Buenos Aires City Deputy Mayor María Eugenia Vidal questioned the National Government’s new transport fare tariffs for non-SUBE card users and stated that they needed to “be clearer” regarding the removal of subsidies on bus and train fare costs. Vidal also underlined that the Subte will maintain the $2.50 cost in February for customers utilizing all payment types.

  • 03/03/2012 | Argentina

    Gov't again puts off announcement of new bus and train fares

    The National Government once again failed to announce what the new tariffs for bus and train services were going to be for Buenos Aires city transport.

  • 06/03/2012 | Argentina

    National Gov't files lawsuit against City over subway transfer

    President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner’s administration filed a lawsuit against the Buenos Aires City government to urge Mayor Mauricio Macri to fulfil the obligations stated at the agreement signed over the transfer of the subway service administration.

  • 30/12/2011 | Argentina

    BA City bars and restaurants now 100% smoke-free

    The City of Buenos Aires put forth the steps to become 100% smoke-free, after amendments were made yesterday to the anti-tobacco laws, totally prohibiting the use of smoking areas in restaurants and bars in the capital.

  • 31/12/2011 | Argentina

    Subway control to be given to City Gov't by January 3

    The National Government and Mauricio Macri’s administration finally came to an agreement over the transfer of the City’s subway system; with ministers promising the handover go through on Tuesday. Before the decision was reached, the City Government had stated they wouldn’t be able to finish the respective process until March.

  • 03/01/2012 | Argentina

    National, City governments sign Subway handover

    The National Government and the BA City administration finally came to an agreement and signed the handover for the City’s Subway and Tram transport systems, at the Economy Ministry.


Results: 23

Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA