A taxi driver testified that on the day that Ángeles Rawson was murdered, he gave suspect Jorge Mangeri a ride to the CEAMSE landfill along with to big trash bag that he loaded on the trunk of the vehicle.
Stepfather of Ángeles Rawson Sergio Opatowski showed up in court today to testify before judge Javier Ríos and said suspect Jorge Mangeri “has gone mad.”
The only suspect in the Ángeles Rawson murder Jorge Mangeri has stated himself innocent before the judge Javier Ríos, the lawyer Marcelo Biondi informed.
The body of 16-year-old Angeles Rawson, who had gone missing on Monday in the Colegiales neighbourhood, was found in the CEAMSE landfill, in the Buenos Aires province location of José León Suárez, her family confirmed.
Friends and classmates of Angeles Rawson, the missing 16-year-old who was found dead 24 hours after her disappearance, protested in front of the CEAMSE in Colegiales asking for “justice” for the young victim.
Although workers have lifted the strike at the CEAMSE processing plants, the garbage collection service will be resumed tonight, union members said.
The rubbish collection in Buenos Aires City will be normalized by Thursday if CEAMSE workers do not summon a new assembly, union authorities and city government reported.
Buenos Aires City streets remained littered with piles of rubbish bags today; amid a continued strike by CEAMSE rubbish processing workers. The interruption on waste collection reached its seventh day today sparking new health concerns by city residents, as heavy downpours have been forecasted.
Members of several rubbish recycling cooperatives lifted the roadblock set up at the entrance to the CEAMSE landfill although City Public Space Minister Diego Santilli assured that the capital will only be free of rubbish by Saturday.
Buenos Aires City enters the fifth day of a waste collection conflict, as 10 thousand tons of waste started being lifted from the streets after an agreement with rubbish recycling cooperatives.
Rubbish was left uncollected in several City neighbourhoods due to a union conflict at the CEAMSE rubbish processing plant. Belgrano, Núñez, Palermo and downtown were the most affected areas.
The City government announced that the rubbish recollection services in the metropolitan area could not operate due to a lock out at the CEAMSE landfill that would not let trucks dispose their loads correctly.
The waste collection workers lifted the blockade at the CEAMSE landfill, leading to the normalization of the service that had been cancelled yesterday.
The Labour Ministry ordered on Monday, a mandatory conciliation between CEAMSE and the City Government over the waste collection strike.
The BA province Labour Ministry has formally ordered the compulsory conciliation between parties to put an end to a conflict between unions which represent workers from CEAMSE garbage dump.
Even though the conflict has apparently been solved, the city Government once again asked residents not to take the rubbish out, in order to help dustmen clear the streets faster on Monday night.
Despite CEAMSE outsourced workers lifted their strike, City government urged citizens no to take out the garbage.