May 24, 2013
Gov't launches bid for Isla Demarchi Audiovisual Hub
The National Government launched the bidding of the Isla Demarchi Audiovisual Hub project, as previously stated in the schedule set by President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner last August 29th when she announced its creation from the Bicentenary Museum, Government spokesman Alfredo Scoccimarro and ANSES head Diego Bossio said.
All private projects and initiatives are to be received on November 20th. Financial capability and urban project requirements are to be considered at the time of the analysis, although “execution time” is a factor that will be greatly valued, Bossio explained.
Scoccimarro pointed out that “many TV networks have already expressed their interested in it. Expectations are high.”
He also said that many networks from the interior have said that they are interested in signing a UTE (temporary corporate union) in order to participate.
Regarding port workers working in the area, both Government officials assured that “their jobs are guaranteed and we’re looking into physical options for their relocation.”