June 19, 2013
Djokovic pulls out of Serbia Open defence
World number one Novak Djokovic has pulled out of the Serbia Open tennis following the death of his grandfather during the Monte Carlo Masters event last week, the Serbian said today.
"I've made a decision not to take part in the tournament this year," Djokovic, the title holder at the Belgrade claycourt event, said on his website (www.novakdjokovic.com).
"This is certainly one of the toughest decisions in my career but it is impossible for me to play in the next few days and to think about tennis when there are some other things in my head."