Saturday
February 9, 2013
Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Missing girl found dead in Balcarce

An 18-year-old girl was found dead today after being reported missing for the period of three days in Balcarce, Buenos Aires province.  Police reported the girl’s murdered body was found in the Mechongué neighbourhood and that one man -said to be her boyfriend- was arrested after telling judicial officials that he committed the crime.

The body of Melina Briz was found in a ditch along the side of a road, not too far from Mechongué, the place pointed out by the girl’s 40-year-old boyfriend just moments before he reported himself to the police.

“I was overwhelmed by the police investigation and by the atrocity of the crime that was committed,” said the head public prosecutor Rodolfo Moure to the press, where he further explained the state in which the main suspect was in when he presented himself before the police, when he admitted to having killed his girlfriend. 

The public prosecutor stated that for the moment it was not confirmed exactly how the murder took place, although he did state that there was evidence showing the girl had been strangled.

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  Balcarce  girl  18-year-old  Mar del Plata  death  murder  police  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3675 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA