Uruguay's Judiciary: Heyn's death might have been accidental
The investigation of the death of Trade undersecretary Iván Heyn, which took place in Montevideo, Uruguay on Tuesday, will likely be closed with the hypothesis that it was an accidental death, sources said.
“Suicide by accidental death,” sources said when questioned about the causes of the passing of the government official. Police sources confirmed to Ambito.com that the is case closed, at least in the police-related level.
Sources said that Judge Homero Da Costa will decide on the closing of the case on February, after the judicial recess is over and once the results of tests that the corpse was subjected to are unveiled.
Friday December 23rd is the last week day of the Uruguayan Judiciary, which will begin its annual recess and will resume activities on February 1st.
Thus, Judge Da Costa is “in no hurry” to solve the case of Heyn’s death. The newly appointed Foreign Trade undersecretary was found dead in his room in the Radisson hotel in Montevideo, where he was part of the committee who traveled with President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner to the Mercosur Summit. Sources stressed the fact that Da Costa “has no doubts Heyn’s death was a result of “his own actions.”




















