Saturday
February 9, 2013
Thursday, November 17, 2011

Man charged with trying to assassinate Obama

Oscar Ortega-Hernández was charged with attempted assasination of the president

A 21-year-old man was charged on Thursday with trying to assassinate US President Barack Obama after shots were fired at the White House last week, though the president was out of town at the time.

Oscar Ortega-Hernandez of Idaho appeared in a Pittsburgh court after his arrest on Wednesday at a hotel near Indiana, Pennsylvania, according to the US Secret Service.

No one was hurt in the shooting on Friday night. Obama and wife, Michelle, were not in Washington at the time.

The Secret Service said one bullet broke a White House window but was stopped by protective ballistic glass, and the other round struck the exterior of the building.

Two cars were seen racing from the scene. One vehicle was found abandoned nearby with a semi-automatic rifle on board, authorities said.

Ortega-Hernandez was charged with attempted assassination of the president, Assistant US Attorney James Kitchen said at the court hearing. Authorities said they will be moving him to custody in Washington.

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  obama  assesination attempt  oscar ortega-hernández  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA