Saturday
February 9, 2013
Sunday, November 13, 2011

UK plays down Prince William's visit to Malvinas

Britain''s Prince William is pictured at the controls of a Sea King helicopter during a training exercise at Holyhead Mountain.

Britain's chief of armed forces David Richards denied that the recent announcement of the deployment of Prince William to the Malvinas Islands was a “provocative act” towards Argentina.

"It wasn't and isn't designed to be," he said on an interview, in which he described that it is routine for Prince William, a helicopter pilot in the Royal Air Force, to be deployed over seas for practice, as any other pilot would.

Richards also said that the UK-Argentine relationship has been constructive so far, and explained that even though there’s a “clear disagreement” between both countries when it comes to the islands’ sovereignty, both sides are “firmly against repeating the mistake made in 1982,” when the two nations went to war.

Last Thursday the British government announced that Prince William was going to be deployed in the Malvinas for practice as the helicopter pilot of a search and rescue team for at least six weeks, in February and March 2012.

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  uk  play  down  prince  william  malvinas  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3675 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA