Saturday
February 9, 2013
Monday, August 22, 2011

Bono denies reports of health scare

U2 frontman Bono

U2 lead singer Bono denied reports he had been taken to hospital after complaining of chest pains while on holiday in the south of France.

The 51-year-old did attend the Princess Grace hospital in Monaco, but a spokeswoman said it was for a routine checkup.

"Despite press stories to the contrary, Bono has not suffered a recent health scare," the spokeswoman said in a statement given to Reuters.

"Reports of his being rushed to hospital for emergency treatment are untrue. Bono is in good health and enjoying a family holiday in the south of France."

The health scare was reported by the Irish Independent newspaper and picked up by online music news outlets.

Bono and Irish rock band U2 have just completed a world tour which broke ticket sales records.

The group was forced to cancel several gigs in 2010 and pulled out of the Glastonbury music festival when Bono injured his back. They returned to perform on the main stage at Glastonbury this summer.

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  bono  U2  healh scare  hospitalization  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA