Alfonsín dismisses any talks with Macri ahead of primaries
Presidential candidate Ricardo Alfonsín said that the votes of City’s residents “don't belong to any specific candidate” and dismissed the possibility of any deal talks with reelected Mayor Mauricio Macri ahead of next Sunday’s primary elections.
“Those votes aren't captive because we are in a political party crisis,” Alfonsín said, when he was asked whether he would seek an electoral accord with Macri.
“I´m not looking to engage in talks with Macri right now, although I could do it if I wanted to because I like talking to everybody,” the Union for Social Development presidential candidate explained.
“I don’t know if Macri will support us in the primary elections. What I say is that I want the votes of all Argentines because I want to win. To those of you who previously voted for the Victory Front, I´m telling you to vote for us this time,” Alfonsín stated.
“We’ll make it to the second round. The August 14th primaries will show that we are in second place and will win the runoff. There will be a runoff and we will win the elections,” Alfonsín concluded.




















