Buenos Aires City runoff
Sunday, July 31, 2011Solanas blasts National Gov't
Former mayoral candidate for the Proyecto Sur party, Fernando “Pino” Solanas, stressed on the importance of the August 14th primary elections and blasted the National Government, accusing it of triggering a “dirty campaign” before today's mayoral runoff between Mauricio Macri and Victory Front candidate Daniel Filmus.
“This is just a joyride, since we already know who is going to win,” Solanas said after casting his vote early in the morning. “People aren’t interested in this election. The August 14th primaries are what really matter, since they aren't really primaries but a first presidential election,” the Proyecto Sur leader added.
“No political party is having an internal election on August 14th. All these games are to see how each party is positioned before the presidential elections and to see whether President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner wins on the first or the second round,” Solanas stated.
Solanas also said that “nobody can complain of dirty campaign” while referring to mayoral candidate Daniel Filmus, who publicly accused Mauricio Macri’s campaign manager Jaime Durán Barba, of being the mastermind of a dirty campaign against the Victory Front.
“The National Government has led dirty campaigns through Canal 7, and the "6-7-8" tv programme throughout the whole year. It has destroyed opposition members, changing and modifying their political discourse.”
“We had never witnessed such levels of manipulation from a State-run television channel. Canal 7 belongs to all Argentines, to the whole community,” Solanas stressed.
Lawmaker Solanas ran as mayoral candidate on the July 10th elections and managed to come out in the third place after Mauricio Macri and Daniel Filmus.
“We had previously announced that the Proyecto Sur party had granter its followers "freedom of choice" during the run off,” Solanas concluded.




















