Saturday
February 9, 2013
Saturday, May 7, 2011

US Pentagon releases new videos of bin Laden

Osama bin Laden is shown in this video frame grab released by the US Pentagon May 7, 2011.

A senior US intelligence official, who released five video clips of bin Laden taken from the compound in Abbottabad, said the information retrieved by US forces represented the largest trove of intelligence ever obtained from a single terrorism suspect.

It was also announced that the compound in Pakistan where US forces killed Osama bin Laden was an "active command and control center" where the al Qaeda leader remained in strategic and operational control of the organization, the official said.

Senior Pakistani security officials said bin Laden may have lived in Pakistan for over seven years before being shot dead by US forces, a disclosure that could further anger key ally Washington over the presence of enemy number one in the country.

One of bin Laden's widows told Pakistani investigators that he stayed in a village for nearly two and a half years before moving to the nearby garrison town of Abbottabad, where he was killed on Monday.

The wife, Amal Ahmed Abdulfattah, told investigators earlier that bin Laden and his family had spent five years in Abbottabad, where one of the most elaborate and expensive manhunts in history ended.

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  Al Qaeda  US  Obama  Bin Laden  death  raid  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA