Saturday
February 9, 2013
Monday, February 7, 2011

'Negative results' in new search for López's body

Once again, a new search for Julio López’s body in the area of the Pereyra-Iraola Park train station came back negative this afternoon after forensic officials failed to find any evidence pointing towards it being buried there.

The search took place close to 150 meters from the train station in which police authorities last Friday conducted, unsuccessfully, an extensive search hoping to find the body of the man who was a key witness in the Miguel Etchecolatz trial.

Police officials called on the search again on Monday after a new witness came forward with additional information, saying he had noticed “strange activities” in the area four years ago.

“Results came back negative,” said Mr. López’s son, Rubén, who clarified that the new witness had mentioned some “digging” in the ground at least two years ago.

“He said there may have been something buried there, but all results came back negative, just like last week,” he explained.

Julio López disappeared in September 2006 in the city of La Plata and was never seen again.

His abduction remains a mystery.

 

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  julio  lópez  negative  results  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA