December 19, 2014
Gov't rejects "Fútbol para todos" programme accusations
Cabinet Chief Jorge Capitanich rejected accusations made by lawmaker Graciela Ocaña for irregularities in “Fútbol para todos” (Soccer for all) programme saying they are “false, slander”. The official bluntly denied that him or his predecesors Aníbal Fernández and Juan Manuel Abal Medina had been indicted, as it was reported by Clarín newspaper.
“Neither Abal Medina nor any other [Cabinet Chief] has been indicted, there is no imputation,” Capitanich said about an investigation by Federal Judge María Servini de Cubría for alleged diversion of public funds.
“There is no amount of money that can be transferred from the State without the consent of all revelant offices,” Capitanich said in his daily press briefing at Government House.
The chief of ministers bashed Clarín and América media outlets for “manipulating information, lying and falsely accusing officials”. Referring directly to them, he said: “I will not be bullied because we guarantee the transparency of our actions”.
He defended the “Fútbol para todos” programme for being a “public communication vehicle” with a nationwide reach. “We will continue to guarantee Fútbol para todos for the entire country,” he stressed.