October 25, 2014
Suspected Boko Haram gunmen kidnap eight more girls
As the world condemns the abduction of over 200 schoolgirls last month, suspected Boko Haram gunmen have kidnapped eight more girls, aged 12 to 15, from a village near one of their strongholds in northeast Nigeria overnight, police and residents said.
"They were many, and all of them carried guns. They came in two vehicles painted in army colour. They started shooting in our village," said Lazarus Musa, a resident of Warabe, where the attack happened.
A police source, who could not be named, said the girls were taken away on trucks, along with looted livestock and food.
The islamist rebels are still holding more than 200 girls they abducted from a secondary school on April 14 and according to a video released yesterday, they plan to sell them as brides along the Nigerian border.