Saturday
February 9, 2013
Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lescano reiterates power cut 'not sabotage'

Power workers union head, Oscar Lescano.

The head of the power workers’ union Oscar Lescano reiterated today that the mass power cut that affected over a million people across Buenos Aires last week was not planned, but was caused by tree hitting the power lines.

A court inquiry was opened last week by the government following the incident, and is being led by federal Judge Norberto Oyarbide.

“Don’t get it wrong, there was no sabotage,” Lescano said after leaving court today.

The union leader explained to the press that he took “photographs and testimonies of the trees that hit the cables.”

Lescano said that, aside from the extremely hot weather, the cables folded and got caught in the large eucalyptus tree located next to a part of the power transmission line.

“An accident with a tree is a little unusual. This time around they forgot about the tree factor and all of this chaos has been created around the power cut.

“They should just go and cut down the tree. It should be out of the way of the transmission cables and it was almost at the same level and that’s what caused everything to happen,” Lescano furthered.

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  Power workers union  Oscar Lescano  mass power cut  million people  Buenos Aires  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA