Saturday
February 9, 2013
Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gov't to fine electricity companies for AR$158 million over power cuts

The government is to fine the main electricity providers Edenor and Edesur for the power cuts that affected thousands of people across Buenos Aires on November 7.

Planning Minister Julio de Vido instructed the head of the National Electricity Regulator (ENRE) to begin the sanctioning process against both companies, the ministry said in a press release today.

According to the communiqué, the fine against Edesur stands at 129 million pesos and Edenor 29 million pesos.

Last week the government launched an inquiry into the cause of the power cuts, which happened during a week of extremely hot weather with temperatures reaching 34 degrees, stating that the incident was planned and that it wanted to know “who pulled the lever” on the city.  

Power workers union leader Oscar Lescano said yesterday that the power cuts were an “accident.”



 

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  electricity companies  providers  power cuts  people  Buenos Aires  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3675 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA