Saturday
February 9, 2013
Thursday, August 16, 2012

Robert Downey Jr injured on 'Iron Man 3' set

Robert Downey Jr.

"Iron Man" star Robert Downey Jr. injured an ankle on the set of the third film in the superhero franchise, causing delays in production, Marvel Studios said.

Downey, 47, who plays billionaire playboy-turned-superhero Tony Stark in the "Iron Man" and "Avengers" movies, hurt his ankle while performing a stunt during filming of "Iron Man 3" in Wilmington, North Carolina, Marvel Studios said in a statement.

"There will be a short delay in the production schedule while he recuperates," Marvel added.

The actor became an unexpected action hero in 2008 when the first "Iron Man" film made $585 million at the worldwide box office, followed by "Iron Man 2" two years later, which took $623 million globally.

"Iron Man 3," due in theaters next year, will reunite Downey with Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and John Favreau, while Ben Kingsley will play villain The Mandarin.

Downey will also reprise his superhero suit for "The Avengers 2," which Marvel announced on Thursday will be released on May 1, 2015.

"The Avengers" scored the biggest box office of the opening ever in the US. earlier this year, and has grossed $1.5 billion at the global box office.

Marvel Studios is a unit of Walt Disney Co.

  • CommentComment
  • Increase font size Decrease font sizeSize
  • Email article
    email
  • Print
    Print
  • Share
    1. Vote
    2. Not interesting Little interesting Interesting Very interesting Indispensable
Tags:  iron man  robert downey jr  injury  set  


  • Comment
  • Increase font size Decrease font size
  • mail
  • Print

COMMENTS >

Comment



Grupo ámbito ámbito financiero ambito.com Docsalud AlRugby.com Premium ávp El Ciudadano El Tribuno Management

Director: Orlando Mario Vignatti - Edition No. 3676 - This publication is a property of NEFIR S.A. - Issn 1852 - 9224 - Te. 4349-1500 - Paseo Colón 1196, (C1063ACY) CABA